Berrieh

As a blogger, I want to promise you that I will never use "lol," and I will always make fun of those who do.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hast thou forsaken me?

So, I've hit a run of bad luck lately, and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my recent tirade against the church.

It started out innocently enough. The auction company I work for had a sale last week in Atascadero, which is about 4 hours north of LA. (As a side note, my Latino boyfriend informed me that Atasacedro literally translates in Spanish to "covered in mud," so I guess that should have been a tip off.

On the drive up, I called my friend Diann, who had adopted a cat two days before. The cat had been showing some signs of sickness, and she had been worried. She told me that the cat had died last night or an insanely contagious disease that can be spread by humans to other cats. I had petted her cat when she got him, and so spent the rest of the weekend in a tizzy about my own cats, home alone. (Later, Diann apologized for being so alarmist; in reality, the likelihood that I would have passed something to my own cats was about a gazillion to one.)

So, I get up to my hotel, which was the one cool part of the weekend. I was staying at the Marguerite room at The Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. Awesome place, with winding turrets and thematically decorated rooms. I wanted to stay in the Caveman Room but it was too expensive for business.

Anyway, moving on. While there, I promptly lost my wallet and pulled my back out. There's nothing more I can say about those two things that would convey the utter horror and pain-in-the-assness of the situation. Except for the fact that, the next morning, I also suffered intense intestinal difficulties.

After getting back home, I received a call from a company saying that someone had tried to buy a bunch of stuff with my credit card with them. The company gave me the jackass's phone number, but all I got was an answering machine. So, I passed it on to my FBI brother.

All in all, a joyful weekend.

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

It's not god. It's me. You're trying to steal my knittens.

I'm in North Vancouver, BC. Come get Tigger. I'll include food.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

Dude, thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

Raising kids is a lot of fun, if you let yourself enjoy it. Your parents don't know what they were missing!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger 500CBFan said...

Had to find your blog so I could tell you I loved the quote you left at You Knit What?? about GW and fun fur so much that I'm going to start using it in the signature line of my e-mails and give you the credit for it. I hate the guy so much that I moved to Taiwan to get away from him....

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger edgibson32480524 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger mattclinton9908 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Purl Needlemeyer said...

Thanks for the great blog. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
Purl at www.knitandplenty.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home