Berrieh

As a blogger, I want to promise you that I will never use "lol," and I will always make fun of those who do.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Bear Back

So, yesterday was a medically odd day.

Firstly, I went to the gastro-doctor, because I have been having intestinal difficulties lately. Well, for years, actually, but I've finally decided to do something about it.

The doctor was a cool guy, but as soon as I heard the words "stool sample," I knew I was in for it.

The doctor also sent me for a blood test, to try and make sure that I've got all the right levels of helpful parasites in me. They filled up about 6 vials, which is quite a bit o blood.

Now, I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that the body may be a little compromised after being vampirized, and so it makes a little sense that I went on last night to completely torque my back.

A few days ago, I tried my hand at cooking polenta in a big cast iron pot. It wasn't very good, and so I left it up there, potentially, a little longer than I should have. Last night, I noticed that it was growing a little colony, and so I lifted it up to toss the contents in the trash.

For some reason, as the pot reached waist level, my entire back spasmed. Now, I am sitting at work, barely able to move. I want to just go home "sick" but I always feel guilty about that.

I've never had back issues before, but, let me tell you: they sure put stomach problems into perspective.

On the flip side, have you ever tried collecting your own stool sample with a wonky back? Not for the squeamish.

In fiber news, I am trying to make this little bear from Marr Haven Farms but mine looks like a skeletal monkey. I'll post pictures if I can get over the shame.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Christie said...

I love that little bear! he's so cute! be careful there, lady...you seem to be throwing yourself out of whack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home